Skip to content
- 4 to 6 Italian Sausage linsk (sweet, hot, or a mix)
- 1/2 box Pasta (Rigatoni, Penne, Ziti Rigati, or Rotelle)
- 2 Broccoli Crowns
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 4 Garlic Cloves sliced
- 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Crushed Red Pepper (optional)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Salt
- Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese
- Start preparation of the Pasta.
- Cut Broccoli Crowns into pieces. Place in microwavable dish. Add water. Drizzle with Olive Oil. Season with Garlic Salt. Microwave 5 to 6 minutes.
- Heat Olive Oil over medium heat in a large pot/pan that has a lid. Add Sausage links and brown slowly in covered pan. (If there is too much sizzle, reduce heat.) When Sausages are browned remove from pan and set aside. When cooled a bit cut into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pour off excess oil and drippings from the pot/pan that the sausage was cooked in. Add Garlic saute couple more minutes.
- Increase heat; add Chicken Broth and scrape pan with wooden spoon to release all browned and blackened bits; bring to a boil.
- Add Italian Seasoning.
- Add cut up Sausage and simmer uncovered over medium high heat for several minutes.
- Add cooked Pasta and Broccoli. Simmer couple of minutes to heat through.
- Serve with Grated Parmesan Romano Cheese.