Skip to content
- 1 lb Flounder Fillets
- Flour (about 1/4 cup)
- Seasoned Breadcrumbs (about 1/2 cup)
- 5 tbsp ReaLemon® Juice divided
- 1/2 cup Dry Vermouth or White Wine
- 1 Egg beaten
- Olive Oil (about 2 or 3 tablespoons)
- Butter (about 3 to 5 pats of butter)
- In a small bowl or measuring cup mix beaten Egg with 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice.
- Pat Flounder Fillets dry with a paper towel.
- Dust both sides of Fillets with Flour.
- Brush top side of Fillets with Egg and Lemon mixture, then sprinkle on Seasoned Breadcrumbs. Flip Fillets and repeat.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, add Olive Oil and 1 pat of Butter. Add as many Fillets as will fit in the skillet and fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes a side. Remove Fillets to serving dish. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel, and repeat until all the Fillets are cooked .
- In a small sauté pan, over medium high heat melt 2 pats of butter. Add a tablespoon of Flour and stir, when bubbly gradually add Vermouth and 2 or 3 tablespoons of Lemon Juice. Continue to heat sauce until bubbly and it thickens slightly, stirring all the while.
- Pour Lemon sauce over Fillets and serve.