Skip to content
- 1 lb Thin Sliced Chicken Cutlets
- 1 lb Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 qt Marinara Sauce
- 1 Egg beaten
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs
- Olive Oil
- Place a Chicken Cutlet on a paper towel. Cover Cutlet with another towel and then a piece of wax paper. Pound cutlet to an even thickness. Remove Cutlet to a large sheet of wax paper that is big enough to accommodate all your cutlets. Discard the smaller sheets of paper towel and wax paper. Repeat process for each Cutlet.
- Dust the exposed top side of Cutlets with Flour.
- Brush the exposed top side of Cutlets with the beaten Egg.
- Dust the Cutlets exposed top of side Cutles with Seasoned Bread Crumbs.
- Flip and repeat the above process on the other side of the Cutlets.
- Thinly slice about half of the Mozzarella Cheese.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Heat Marinara Sauce in a pot.
- Using a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat Oil Oil and a pat of Butter until it is bubbly. Sauté Cutlets, a few at a time, until golden brown. Remove to a separate dish.
- Using casserole dish, place several tablespoons of Marinara sauce on the bottom. Arrange a single layer of Cutlets. Spoon over more Marinara and then top Cutlets with Mozzarella slices. Repeat the process of to make another layer of Cutlets covered with Sauce and Cheese. Cover the casserole dish and baked 30 minutes.