This recipe is without onions, so the seasonings have been modified to produce a savory alternative.
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts or Cutlets
- 14 oz can Chicken Broth
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1/2 cp Flour
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper (Cayenne)
- 2 tsp Lawry Seasoned Salt
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 4 oz Marsala (or Dry Medium Dry Sherry, or Dry Vermouth)
- 2 to 4 tblsp Olive Oil
- 1 or 2 tblsp Butter
- Cut Chicken into 1 inch squares
- Mix Flour and all the Seasonings in a flat bottomed bowl.
- Dredge Chicken Cutlets in Flour mixture, placing pieces on a plate.
- Over medium high heat, saute Chicken, a few pieces at a time, in the Olive Oil and Butter. Remove to a dish.
- Saute minced Garlic for a minute or two in Olive Oil, or until the Garlic become fragrant. (Do not brown.)
- Deglaze pan with Marsala; add Chicken Broth and bring to a boil.
- Return Chicken, bring to second boil. Cover and simmer 8 minutes.