Skip to content
- 1 lb thin sliced Chicken Cutlet, cut into thirds
- 5 strips Bacon
- 1/4 cup White Wine
- 1 can Chicken Broth
- 4 Garlic Cloves minced (or 4 tsp Freeze Dried Minced Garlic)
- 1/2 cup Flour
- 1 tblsp Garlic Salt
- 1/2 tsp Coarse Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dried Crushed Rosemary
- 1/8 tsp Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 3 tblsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tblsp Butter
- Olive Oil (if needed)
- Fry Bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat until just crisp. Transfer Bacon to plate lined with paper towels. When cooled crumble Bacon
- Spoon off all but 2 tablespoons of the Bacon Fat.
- Meanwhile, in a large flat bottomed bowl mix Flour, Garlic Salt, and Pepper. Dredge Chicken Cutlets in Flour mixture and place on a paper plate.
- Add Butter to skillet and saute Chicken Cutlets in batches (don’t crowd pan), turning once or twice, until just cooked through (adjust heat lower as necessary to keep bits on bottom from burning and add another tablespoon Bacon Fat (or Olive Oil) when pan begins to look dry in subsequent batches), 2 to 3 minutes total per batch.
- Transfer cooked Cutlets with tongs to a platter and keep warm.
- If necessary, add enough of reserved Bacon Fat (or Olive Oil) to measure about 1 tablespoon. Add Garlic,Rosemary, and Red Pepper to skillet, give a quick stir, increase heat to high, then add the White Wine stirring briskly to scrape up the browned bits of bacon. Stir in Broth and Lemon Juice bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to medium, return Chicken and Bacon to skillet. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve with cooked Rice and steamed Broccoli and Carrots