- 1 1/2 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 small Onion finely diced
- 12 oz bag Frozen Mixed Vegetables (2 cups)
- 3 tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 tsp Garlic Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 14.5 oz can Beef Broth (1 3/4 cupS)
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 1 pkg (20 oz) Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a large skillet sauté Onions in Olive Oil over medium high heat for about 5 minutes.
- Add Ground Beef and Tomato Paste, cook for another 5 to 7 minutes until thoroughly cooked. Drain excess fat.
- Add Frozen Vegetables, Salt, Pepper, and Worcestershire Sauce; cook over medium heat, about 5 minutes until vegetables are hot, stir frequently.
- Pour Broth into a small bowl and mix in Flour. Pour Broth and Flour mixture into Beef and Vegetable mixture; bring to a boil and cook another 5 minutes.
- Spray PAM into 2 1/2 quart Casserole dish. Spoon Beef and Vegetable mixture into casserole. Spread Mashed Potatoes on top; fluff with fork.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Substitute 2 cups of favorite chopped vegetables for bag of Frozen Vegetables.
- Substitute Instant Mashed potatoes that are prepared according to package directions for Refrigerated Mashed Potatoes.
- Place casserole dish on baking sheet to catch boil over if casserole dish is filled to very top.