Quotes

Print Friendly

You can’t make a weak man strong by making a strong man weak. (Abraham Lincoln)

Democracy

“Democracy” is two wolves and lamb voting on what they are going to have for lunch. “Liberty” is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. (Benjamin Franklin)

“Democracy” is nothing more than mob rule, where 51% of the people may take away the rights of the other 49%. (Thomas Jefferson)

Government

Government is not reason; it is not eloquent; it is force. Like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master. (George Washington)

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have…. (Thomas Jefferson)

Liberty

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety. (Benjamin Franklin)

Socialism

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery. (Winston Churchill)

The problem with Socialism is that it eventually runs out of other people’s money to spend. (Margaret Thatcher)